Things Women with Infertility Don’t Want to Hear

This is our Day 5 embryo

Beating Infertility - This is Our Day 5 Embryo

Living with infertility is already a pretty rough process. Over the course of three years, I heard so many different things that would make me cringe. For those of you that are familiar with the feeling or those of you that haven’t had much experience in this area, it includes things like “It will happen when it’s meant to be” or “Try to relax, the stress is just making matters worse”. You hear these types of things pretty often and it can be extremely frustrating.

Nick works at a fertility center and recently they put together an article that describes this feeling perfectly. The article does a great job of explaining what it’s like to be effected by infertility and constantly have people try to give you advice. This is also the same clinic where we did our IVF (the cycle responsible for our soon-to-be kiddo). Usually when people say these things, it’s because they don’t know what else to say. When you’ve been dealing with infertility it may not always feel that way.

“It will happen when it’s meant to be” or “Try to relax, the stress is just making matters worse”. You hear these types of things pretty often and it can be extremely frustrating.

Check out the article – it’s a pretty great read for everyone. People who have dealt with or are currently dealing with infertility can relate. And it provides valuable insight for people that haven’t been around infertility before. Make sure to keep these off the list of conversation topics next time you chat with your struggling friend. My personal favorite is “Everything happens for a reason”. I asked Nick which one he found the most offensive and he said “Maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be”. Find the rest of the top ten phrases here.

1 thought on “Things Women with Infertility Don’t Want to Hear”

  1. These topics need to be addressed more often and I wish more people vocalized it. I read the correlating article and was shocked by all ten. Thank you for sharing.

Comments are closed.

Scroll to Top