Welcome to Bottles & Banter!

Nick and Brittany in Rome, Italy

Bottles & Banter: Nick and Brittany in Rome, Italy

We’re glad you’re at Bottles & Banter, our newest blogging adventure. My name is Brittany and the other half of this blog is Nick. Some words to describe who we are in a nutshell: parents of an energetic Goldendoodle, Ohio State alum, foodies, frequent travelers, reality tv obsessed, DIYers, and technology lovers.

Bottles

After a very long journey, we have recently found out we are expecting our first child – a little baby girl. We wanted to start this blog to share our journey as first time parents. We spent roughly 3 years trying to get pregnant with our first child and after many treatments and ultimately, IVF, our little girl will be arriving in June. It has been a bumpy ride, but we couldn’t be happier and feel that it will all be worth it when we see her for the first time. For anyone that has struggled with getting pregnant, we want to offer support and share what it was like for us.

Banter

noun
1.
an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
verb (used with object)
2.
to address with banter; chaff.
verb (used without object)
3.
to use banter.

We also thought it would be fun to give a real life perspective of both sides of the story, mom and dad. As the name Bottles & Banter suggests (Thanks, Dictionary.com, for clearing up what Banter means), we will each be giving our own takes on travel, cooking, parenting, life after infertility, favorite products, or any other topics we find interesting. Sometimes our outlook will be the same, and sometimes it won’t. Either way we hope our differing perspectives will be entertaining and useful. We’re just getting started so check back soon for more fun and banter.

Bottles & Banter

Get it? You take kid stuff, combine it with our back-and-forth, and you get Bottles & Banter. You see? Not trying to spell it out too terribly much, so if it’s not sinking in yet, it will as you read more. Thanks again and we look forward to your continued reading!

Scroll to Top