It’s Degustabox time! This month we had another round of awesome products. Here’s what we found in our box:
- Lovey Fruit Chews
- Hometown Bagel Chips
- Numi Organic Tea
- Palo Bacon Cheddar & Premium Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Jones Limited Edition Pumpkin Pie Can Sugar Soda
- Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortillas
- Energems Chocolate Energy
- Wasa Thins Flatbread – Sesame & Sea Salt
- Barilla Protein Plus Penne
- Crown Nut Sriracha Flavored Almonds
- Barilla Marinara
And every month, we like to show you one great recipe that you can create using a product found in your monthly Degustabox. Hey – it’s why we like this box so much. It not only introduces you to new products, but it gets the creative juices flowing so you can come up with fun, new recipes. Before we get to the recipe, a few of our standouts from this month’s box.
The Jones Pumpkin Pie Soda is an awesome seasonal beverage. You can get your pumpkin fix while enjoying a refreshing soda. Weird, right? It tastes exactly like you’d expect. Soda meets PSL meets Fall. Another of our favorites is the sriracha almonds. These are the perfect on-the-go snack, they are healthy, and the sriracha flavor is so unique from a lot of other snacks out there. And the third of our favorites this month is the hometown bagel chips. The bagel chips come in a variety of flavors and they are great on their own. But they are also amazing with a big bowl of hummus. They are healthy and so good it’s hard to stop eating them.
Degustabox Featured Recipe
So now that you know a little bit more about October’s Degustabox, this month we have a fresh and mouth-watering recipe for you. We used the marinara in our box to create a Polenta, Sausage, and Kale Marinara. It’s very fall-ish and delicious! Let us know how you like it and for those of you that have experienced Degustabox for yourselves, we’d love to hear some of the creations you’ve made with your findings.
Full Disclosure: Ordinarily we’d stay away from jarred pasta sauces because marinara is easy enough to make without the extra preservatives and sodium. But this one listed exactly what we’d put in and nothing else! Natural and not “canny” flavored at all.
- 1 Pound Smoked Sausage
- 18 Oz. Pre-Cooked Polenta (we use Trader Joe’s), sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 6 Oz. Kale, Chopped
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add polenta slices and cook 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add sausage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- After polenta has finished cooking, remove and set aside. In the same pan you used for the polenta, add 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped kale, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Uncover kale and stir in sausage and marinara. Place polenta rounds on each plate and top with sausage/kale/marinara mixture. Serve hot!