Pulled Pork Tacos and FYM Hot Sauce

Pulled Pork Tacos

There’s nothing better on a cool fall day than a nice crockpot meal. Pulled pork is great all year round, but we like to make ours in the fall and in taco form. As taco connoisseurs, we like to experiment with different flavors. We’ve made fried avocado tacos, Korean tacos, sausage tacos, shrimp tacos. You name it and we’ve probably tried it in a taco.

Pulled Pork Tacos and FYM Hot Sauce | Bottles & Banter
We like tacos. A lot.

One of our go to taco fillings in pulled pork. This is the perfect fall taco and it’s great topped off with some slaw and hot sauce. Recently FYM sent us a variety of their delicious hot sauces to try out and I must say, it totally adds so much to this dish. We are huge fans of their Soi Lente Green Sauce, but for this recipe we decided to try their new Plank Town Foggy Scotsman Porter Hot Sauce. It seemed like the perfect pairing for pulled pork so we gave it a go. And I’m happy to say, it turned out beautifully.

Pulled Pork Tacos and FYM Hot Sauce | Bottles & Banter

Can you really beat pulled pork and craft beer flavored hot sauce? That answer to that is a resounding “no”. So let’s get to it. Here’s our recipe for Pulled Pork Tacos with Slaw and Porter Hot Sauce.

Pulled Pork Tacos and FYM Hot Sauce | Bottles & Banter

Ingredients for Pulled Pork Tacos

Serves 6

  • 2 Pounds Pork (Shoulder/Tenderloin/Whatever you have available)
  • 1 Cup Broth (Beef/Turkey/Chicken/Veggie/Whatever you have available)
  • 1/2 Cup of Beer (Darker the better)
  • 6 Cloves Garlic
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Honey
  • 1/8 Cup Plank Town Foggy Scotsman Porter Hot Sauce.
  • 1 Tbs. Red Pepper Flakes
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • A Few Drops of Liquid Smoke

So this recipe is pretty basic with only two steps. In your crockpot set on high, combine the broth and pork. Just seal it up and let it simmer for a bit while you work on the rest of the marinade.

While the pork and stock are working their magic in the crockpot, combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Now, this is key: taste as you go. We prefer a sweet, spicy, smokey flavor with a ton of garlic and heat. If you want less sweet and more spice, of course play with the proportions. Once the sauce is the consistency of a thick bbq sauce (after adjusting your proportions to taste) combine the sauce with the pork/broth mixture in the crockpot.

That’s it. Let it cook for 5ish hours until you can shred the meat super easily with a fork. Just make sure you aren’t tasting your sauce after combined with meat until it’s fully to temperature. Ain’t nobody got time to be sick with a little one running around.

Ingredients for Purple Cabbage Slaw

  • 1/2 Head of Purple Cabbage (Shredded)
  • 1/2 Cup Mayo
  • 1/8 Cup Balsamic
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 3 Jalapeños Thinly Sliced

Just combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and then chill. Simple, right?

Once the meat is cooked and the slaw is chilled, stack them on a charred tortilla (we prefer corn) and enjoy! Pro tip: the leftovers make great lunches for work the next day. Sure beats the 17th consecutive peanut butter and jelly at your desk.

Scroll to Top