Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks

Breakfast Stack

As you probably know by now, here at Bottles & Banter we are big fans of Degustabox. For those unfamiliar, Degustabox is a monthly food subscription box to help you discover new food products. Unlike many subscription boxes, the goal here is not to equip you with rare food items, but to help you discover fun, new products that you can find in your local grocery store. We love it because the boxes offer a variety of products to meet differing tastes. It’s also fun to see how we can use the products to come up with new recipes. And that’s exactly what we did this month. Our January box contained fruit n’ yogurt snacks, buttery microwave popcorn, a refreshing beverage, cheesy crisps, coconut curry sauce, honey ginger crystals, organic fruit snacks, mini muffins, pumpkin spice pancake mix, and healthy smart bars. Lots of different flavors to sample!

Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks | Bottles & Banter

So naturally, we gravitated toward the pumpkin spice pancake mix. Who doesn’t want to whip up a delicious PSP. But we didn’t want your run of the mill pancake. We thought it would be fun to create a recipe that could be thrown together for family breakfast or even a fancy brunch party complete with mimosas. And here you have it:

Pancake Stack Ingredients

Serves 4

  • 1 lb ground turkey breakfast sausage (you can also use ground pork – we used turkey to make it healthier)
  • 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 tbsp almond milk (regular milk can be used instead)
  • Hungry Jack pumpkin spice pancake mix
  • 1 cup maple syrup

Directions

  1. Make the sausage patty mixture by combining ground turkey, red pepper flakes, oregano, and minced garlic.

Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks | Bottles & Banter

  1. Form sausage patty mixture into 8 patties
  2. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Fry sausage patties two at a time until cooked through (about 5 minutes on each side). Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Make pancake batter according to directions. We used almond milk for a dairy free version, but you could also use regular milk.

Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks | Bottles & Banter

  1. Cook pancakes on a skillet set to medium heat. You can make the pancakes any size, but we found using about 2/3 cup for each gave us 8 pancakes.
  2. Fry each egg until fully set, but not hard. Protip: crack your eggs in a cup or ramekin and pour into the skillet. This will ensure an even cook on the eggs.

Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks | Bottles & Banter

  1. Assemble the pancake stacks by layering a pancake, sausage patty, and egg on top.

Savory Pancake Breakfast Stacks | Bottles & Banter

  1. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!

Scroll to Top